Thermomix Helping people with Disabilities – NDIS
You have been given an NDIS Worker Screening Clearance
This email was music to our ears.
A Thermomix can be a powerful tool for people with disabilities. It facilitates greater independence in the kitchen and provides an abundance of dietary choice and meal plans. I have seen first hand how the machine can change people lives in a positive manner.
Everyone knows that we as a couple try and make sure each and every one of our meals is a healthy choice. No preservatives or additives. We also must make less waste in to days world. Substitutes and other key elements of cooking can all be achieved. This is one of the very reasons we feel strongly that the Thermomix belongs in everyone’s home!
The TM6 is an even more powerful tool for those with disabilities as it creates the possibility for independence and control over their menu!
Any of our Customers that require more information about NDIS Assistive Technology Funds should look over the NDIS website.
- Thermomix guided recipes are simple to follow and provide just one step at a time.
- The precise temperature, time and blade speed is pre-set for each recipe taking the guesswork out of preparing a dish.
- Ingredients are weighed by the machine at each stage.
- There is just one large dial and no fiddly buttons.
- The user is able to leave the Thermomix without fear of burning the dish, the dish boiling over or boiling dry.
- The Thermomix can be placed at a lower level than a cooktop allowing for ease of use for those in a wheelchair.
- Gas cooktops have an open flame and electric cooktops have hotplates which can be dangerous. The Thermomix is predominately plastic meaning only the metal jug will become hot.
- Because there are no open flame or hotplate kitchen items such as tea towels and baking paper aren’t at risk of catching fire
- The larger touchscreen of the TM6 provides a bigger font size than conventional cookbooks making it easier to read for those with vision difficulties to use.
- Thermomix provides a recipe platform with more than 40,000 guided recipes. This gives users the flexibility to choose from a wide range of dishes for all tastes and diets.
- The meal plan function allows recipes to be selected in advance and placed in a weekly meal plan.
- Shopping lists can be generated from the meal plan. If shopping is being provided by a third party this list can be sent to the person or service for collection.
- Once the week is planned the shopping list is created with ease and can also be used to link directly with Woolworths Online (more coming soon)
- Safety of the Thermomix in the TM6 is unprecedented. The locking lid mechanism prevents fingers coming in contact with blades or the lid being opened during cooking.
Who Can Benefit From The Thermomix?
Thermomix makes cooking easier for everyone, but those with limited cooking skills benefit the most from this smart connected appliance. The guided cooking and recipe pre-sets of the Thermomix can be the difference needed to allow someone to live independently.
For intellectual disabilities, the recipe platform allows greater flexibility of meal choices. Meal selection can be made on a computer, tablet, mobile phone or the Thermomix machine. The TM6 has a large colour touch screen and presents an image of each recipe on the Cookidoo library. These recipes can be added to weekly meal plans. Depending on the level of disability a support worker may be needed to assist.
The guided cooking functions of the TM6 provides step by step instructions. Weighing of each ingredient is done by the TM6 as it’s required and the cooking temperature, time and blade speed are fully automated. An individuals ability will determine the level of assistance, if any, which is required during the cooking process.
For those with physical difficulties, the Thermomix allows a safer cooking environment. The machine is able to do so many functions such as blend, stir, cook, chop, mince, heat, boil. There is no need for additional pots and pans, knives and other cooking utensils.
Is It Possible To Gain NDIS Funding For The Thermomix
Every case will vary depending on the disability of the applicant and their individual needs. Thermomix funding has been approved in the past in circumstances where the TM6 is assisting in providing an outcome from one of the three categories outlined below.
The NDIS provides funding to participants with the aim of increasing independence, inclusion. Funding is designed to be flexible and to allow service innovation which would best serve the individual.
CORE Support Funding
The support which enables the participant to complete activities of normal daily living or work towards meeting personal goals and objectives.
CAPITAL Support Funding
A larger investment of funds in long term equipment and home or vehicle modifications.
CAPACITY BUILDING Support Funding
Support which helps the participant to build their independence and skills. Products that would assist in household tasks. This category includes all assistive technology supports that assist participants to live independently or assist a carer to support the participant.
In my experience, it is possible to gain funding for a TM6 if there is a need which can create a positive outcome for the participant.
Do you want to know more about the Thermomix? Please feel free to use the contact form below so we can discuss your individual needs.
Do you want to see and taste a Thermomix® in action ?
As consultants there are a few ways we can showcase the benefits of a Thermomix®
- Customer Experience – Cooking Demonstration in your home with a few friends (gets you a nice gift)
- Customer Experience – Cooking Demonstration in our home with a few friends (gets you a nice gift)
- Zoom – virtual
- Social Media
- This website 😁
Send us a message and we can help you out.