Sweetened or Unsweetened
Almond milk in this house is a big thing. My daughter doesn’t tolerate full cream milk, or sometimes even light milk. As a baby she was lactose intolerant but grew out of it. However, her belly can still sometimes be upset by too much. This is one of the very first reasonings behind purchasing out first Thermomix®
I tried a lot of different recipes but nothing really came up to the Almond Milk that we liked – Blue Diamond – Almond Breeze. ($2.50 per litre) It is lovely but oh so expensive compared to our homemade one. Ours cost approx. $1.00 per litre and that is really over estimating.
- 100 g Almonds Soaked
- 4 Medjool Dates (not packet) OPTIONAL Soaked
- 1800 Mls Water
- Soak Almonds in water for at LEAST 30 minutes prior to grinding them
- Soak Dates in boiling water for about 15 mins - you can use the water in the mix if you aren't in a rush to have cold milk
- Add Almonds to the Thermomix bowl
- Add Dates (if using) and 700 mls waterPlace lid and MC in - 1 minute | Speed 10
- Add remaining water andPlace lid and MC in - 10 Seconds | Speed 4
- Pour into Nut Bag or fine Sieve (we have the bowl from TM Essentials)I "encourage" the milk through the sieve with a soft spatula.
- Bottle the milk and enjoy. It will last in the fridge - usually 3-4 days without an issue. However, I have had some last 7. All depends on WHERE it is in the fridge also.
- Place on a flat tray at 150 degrees and turn occasionally. Normally takes about an 1-1.5 hours
Do you want to see and taste a Thermomix® in action ?
As consultants there are a few ways we can showcase the benefits of a Thermomix®
- Customer Experience – Cooking Demonstration in your home with a few friends (gets you a nice gift)
- Customer Experience – Cooking Demonstration in our home with a few friends (gets you a nice gift)
- Zoom – virtual
- Social Media
- This website 😁
Send us a message and we can help you out.