Anna Van Dyken’s Chocolate Almond Slice
Converted to Thermomix – there isn’t anything easier
Today I decided to cook from the amazing second book by my incredible friend Anna Van Dyken.
I decided to make her Chocolate Almond Slice for Chris as he loves her slices – all of them. Well after I converted the recipe to be able to be made in my Thermomix (super easy) I popped it in the fridge.
When it was set it was ready to slice so I pulled out my pizza cutter from The Mix Shop and wow. Super easy!!
Proceeded to try a bite as I was talking a slice to Chris. Omg he didn’t get THAT slice. I ate the whole thing.
It’s amazing and so yummy. Sweet. Crunchy Mmmmmmm 💚
Don’t forget to subscribe to our website for more updates.
Page 166 – How I’ve Kept The Weight Off
Anna's Chocolate Almond Slice
- 65 g Roasted Almonds
- 45 g Gluten Free Rice Puff Cereal
- 400 g Pitted Medjool Dates
- 100 g Almond Butter
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 70 g Dark Chocolate (70% Cocoa)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- Lightly spray a 20 cm square cake tin with oil. Line base and sides with baking paper.
- Place Almonds in TMbowl8 SECONDS / SPEED 5 - Set aside
- Add Dates (cut in half) to TM Bowl10 SECONDS / SPEED 7 – if not chopped do it again for another 5 seconds
- Add the rest of the ingredients including almonds (remember to mix almond butter and vanilla together in a separate bowl before adding to TM bowl) 30 SECONDS | REVERSE | SPEED 5
- Press into tin – wet hands if necessary
CHOCOLATE & SEA SALT TOPPING
- Make sure the bowl is DRY!!Weigh in chocolate to TM Bowl
- Chop – 10 SECONDS | SPEED 7
- Melt – 3 MINUTES | 50º | SPEED 3Mine was perfectly melted however if you have used more that the recipe called for, add another 15 seconds
- Spread over slice and sprinkle with Sea Salt – Refrigerate 3 hours
- 200 ROASTED Almonds SEE NOTES
- Blend - 1 MINUTE | SPEED 9 – Scrape down the sides
- Blend 30 SECONDS | SPEED 6 - Repeat until you are happy with the desired consistency
- Transfer to a jar and store in the fridge
- NOTE: You may notice that the bowl starts to heat up during the blending process due to the friction. Don’t worry about it. This helps to achieve a smooth paste.
Do you want to see a Thermomix® in action ?
As consultants there are a few ways we can showcase the benefits of a Thermomix®
- Customer Experience - Cooking Demonstration in your home with a few friends (gets you a nice gift)
- Customer Experience - Cooking Demonstration in our home with a few friends (gets you a nice gift)
- Zoom - virtual
- Social Media
- This website 😁
Send us a message and we can help you out.