Chicken & Vegetables 💚
We love using our Thermomix Varoma for our “meat and veggies”. We are all for Waste Not, Want Not. With food today being so expensive we aim to use as much as we possibly can for goodness and flavour. You MUST try the potato skins fried up. Totally wow!
When we first got our Thermomix, we easily followed Cookidoo and other recipes out there on the internet, but what I never found was a recipe just to cook meat and veggies.
HOW DO I DO IT ???????????? Arhhhh
You don’t need to bake the veggies in a bechamel sauce after cooking them. You can free bake them and have them as roasted. Or not bake them at all.
We hope you like our meal that is our go to when wanting something simple from the fridge.
Steamed Chicken & Veggies in Cheesy Sauce
- Cook top (if browning meat)
- Baking dish
- 500 gms Chicken Breast
- 400-500 gms Potato
- 200 gms Pumpkin
- 200 gms Zucchini
- 1 Carrot
- 1 small Onion
- Assorted Veggies to steam - weight is your choice
- Seasoning of Choice - we love Season Me Good
- 2 Sprays Olive Oil
- 600 mls Water
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Stock
- Bechamel Sauce from Cookidoo
- 20 gms Tasty Cheese
- These are what we are going to be using - every single bit of the vegetables - including the skins.
- Wash potatoes and cut potato and pumpkin into cubes and place in simmer basket (I like to rinse these under running water) SAVE SKIN FROM POTATO400-500 gms Potato, 200 gms Pumpkin
- Cut up veggies and place in top tray of the Varoma SAVE SKIN FROM CARROT200 gms Zucchini, 1 Carrot, Assorted Veggies to steam - weight is your choice
- In a small bowl, place potato and carrot skins - season them with a little olive oil and salt & pepper - set aside - we are going to fry these off when we brown the chicken.
- Slice chicken breasts in half horizontalSpray with olive oil and rub with seasoning of choicePlace the seasoned chicken breast into bottom Varoma Tray (we use a trivet from The Mix Shop to rise the chicken off the bottom for air flow) and place tray on top with lidSeasoning of Choice - we love Season Me Good, 2 Sprays Olive Oil, 500 gms Chicken Breast
- Add water and stock to TM BowlYou don't need to add the stock but we like the flavour20 MINUTES | VAROMA | SPEED 2600 mls Water, 2 tbsp Vegetable Stock
- Lightly spray olive oil onto baking dish. Place thinly sliced onion into baking tray.
- When cooking time has finished - remove simmer basket with TM Spatula and place potatoes and pumpkin into baking dish. Add vegetables from the top tray to baking dish and set aside.
- Return the Varoma dish to the TM bowl and cook a further 5 MINUTES | VAROMA | SPEED 2
It is at this point I make the Bechamel Sauce from Cookidoo. No need to wash the bowl, just rinse and follow Cookidoo instructions.
- Place on the cook top a frying pan and heat. When hot, drain potato (yes water will have come out of the potato skins) and carrot skins and put into fry pan. Turn as needed and drain on paper towel when cooked.Place the chicken breasts into the fry for a quick browning and put into ThermoServer to keep warm
- When the bechamel sauce is finished cooking - pour over vegetables in the baking dish and sprinkle with Cheese.Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve and eat. Enjoy!