So much better than store bought!
Scrolls in our house are a real quick go to food. They are great for when friends and family are coming over or pregnant daughters 😊 I swear my grand daughter is going to be equal parts vegemite and sugar.
I like to change things up with what are put into them but our favourite quick ones are
Ham & Cheese or Vegemite & Cheese
If I have a little time on my hands, I like to make up Sautéed Capsicum from Cookidoo (Turbo x 3) as the base before putting on the Ham & Cheese – just adds that extra oomph to them!
Below are photos of my process of making them.
I use Pizza Dough for the base and then whatever is floating in the cupboard for the toppings.
Note: When doing vegemite as base – put it on in blobs, then spray lightly with oil so you can spread it around. Gets stuck otherwise.
Oh when cutting them up I use dental floss – not the mint one – it is much easier than using a knife and it doesn’t squash them either.
- Make the Pizza Dough in the Thermomix and let it rise for 1 hour in an oiled bowl covered with cling film in a warm space
HAM AND CHEESE
- I put 200gms of assorted cheese and about 100 gms HamCHOPE – 10 SECONDS | SPEED 7
- When the dough is ready, I place it on a Thermomix Mat and roll it out. Coast it in whatever I am choosing to be the base and sprinkle the cheese (and ham) and roll
- Rolled up – cut – and ready to bake
VEGEMITE AND CHEESE
- First I placed the dough on her mat – squished with fingers first, THEN I found the rolling pin
- Vegemite in smears across the dough
- Sprayed with a little oil to help the process so I didn’t tear the dough and create holes
- Next I added two types of cheese. Tasty and ParmesanGrated in the Thermomix - approx. 60gms cheese CHOP - 4 SECONDS | SPEED 5
- Rolled and ready to cut with a dough cutter. No dental floss in her home. Well there was, but it was mint!!
- All ready for the oven. Notice they were flatter that the ones above that were cut with dental floss. THIS is the reason I cut them that way
- This is how I use dental floss to cut my scrolls