Non Thermomix | Conventional
This Pumpkin, Feta and Spinach Salad is one of our favourite recipes. We make it often and whenever our daughter comes for dinner it is her NUMBER 1 request. She loves it.
We are a little weird; we like the pumpkin almost burnt to bring out the sweetness, but it really is each to their own, but you can see in the image what we like.
But it isn’t a Thermomix Recipe?
No, it isn’t a Thermomix recipe. We do make other things😊
We have had so many messages for this recipe – what’s in it, how to make it. So, here it is, on our website.
Pumpkin Feta & Spinach SaladShare recipe via Email Share recipe on Facebook
- 700 g Butternut Pumpkin or other
- 120 g baby spinach
- 75 g Feta of choice or Goats milk cheese
- 40 g pine nuts or use slithered almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, or any other chopped nuts of choice
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 50 ml Balsamic of choice
- 1 tbsp honey
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 220C or 200C fan-forced
- Peel & Cut pumpkin into 3cm cubes
- Place in a bowl and toss with a good slug of olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Spread on a baking tray and bake in oven for approx. 30 minutes, flipping from time to time, until golden but not burnt or mushy
- Loosen from baking tray with spatula to prevent sticking to the tray and leave to cool
- Toast the nuts in a fry pan or skillet on medium heat till golden brown and allow to cool
- Combine dressing in a jar and shake and then adjust to taste
- Place baby spinach in a salad bowl and drizzle with a little of the dressing
- Add the cooled pumpkin, the feta and the nuts and gently toss, slowly adding the remainder of the dressing
- Enjoy wth your protein of choice