This is just NUTS!
Creating homemade nut butter spread in your Thermomix is not only simple but also allows you to enjoy a delicious, wholesome spread free from any additives or preservatives. Whether you prefer almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, or any other nut, you can easily make your own nut butter. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make almond or hazelnut butter using your Thermomix:
- 200 grams of roasted almonds or hazelnuts
- If using raw nuts, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil
1. Roasting Nuts (Skip if Using Roasted Nuts):
- If you are using raw almonds or hazelnuts, it’s recommended to roast them first to enhance their flavor. You can roast them in the oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 10-15 minutes or until they become fragrant and slightly golden. Allow them to cool before proceeding.
2. Add Nuts to the Thermomix Bowl:
- Place the roasted almonds or hazelnuts into the Thermomix bowl. If you are using raw nuts, also add the 1 tablespoon of olive oil at this stage.
3. Blend at High Speed:
- Seal the Thermomix bowl with the lid securely.
- Start blending at a high speed, typically Speed 9, for about 1 minute. During this time, the nuts will be processed into a fine, grainy texture.
4. Scrape Down the Bowl:
- After 1 minute of blending, stop the Thermomix and scrape down the sides of the bowl using a spatula to ensure all the nuts are well incorporated.
5. Blend at Lower Speed:
- Resume blending at a slightly lower speed, usually around Speed 6, for about 30 seconds. This helps further break down the nuts and develop the desired buttery texture.
6. Repeat as Needed:
- Depending on your preference, you may need to repeat the blending and scraping steps a few times until you achieve the desired smoothness and creaminess of your nut butter. Be patient, as it may take a few rounds to reach the perfect consistency.
7. Transfer and Store:
- Once you are satisfied with the texture of your almond or hazelnut butter, carefully transfer it to a clean, airtight jar or container.
- Store the homemade nut butter in the fridge to maintain freshness and prevent separation.
- You can customize your nut butter by adding a touch of sweetness with honey or a pinch of salt for flavor, if desired. Simply incorporate these ingredients during the blending process.
- Remember that homemade nut butter may naturally separate over time. Give it a good stir before each use to mix in any separated oil.
With this Thermomix nut butter recipe, you can enjoy the pure, natural flavor of almonds or hazelnuts without any added ingredients. It’s a versatile spread that can be used on toast, in sandwiches, as a dip, or as an ingredient in various recipes. Plus, you have the satisfaction of knowing exactly what goes into your nut butter – just nuts and, if you prefer, a touch of olive oil.