Is the Dough Ready?
There is nothing worse than not doing this correctly
Recently Chris has been making bread in our Thermomix – something he loves doing. We have a couple of fool proof recipes that just work every time!
- Cookidoo – Wonderful White Bread – Soft, Fluffy and super yummy! Our favourite.
- Cookidoo – Basic Bread Rolls – these are great ON THE DAY (this is just our opinion)
- Recipe Community – Cheese and Bacon Rolls – Bakers Delight – these are our all time favourite. So super fluffy and tasty.
The ones below are recipes that Chris has done in the last week that flopped! Why, well one was the proofing, the other was the tin (we think) but we found one that was SUPER YUMMY!!
- Tangzhong Milk Bread – OMG – 3 Tried – NOPE! Proofing, Bread Tin – we don’t know!!
- Killer Toast – Nope – FAIL – didn’t bother taking a picture
THE BIG WINNER IS
Super yummy, lasts all week and light and fluffy.
BREAD MAKING TIPS
Use bread improver! We have tried a few recipes that didn’t include bread improver, and we found the bread dense and not fluffy, so make sure you don’t skip on the bread improver. If the recipe doesn’t call for it – 1 tsp of bread improver. Don’t have bread improver – 1 tsp vinegar or orange juice.
Bread tin – We use this Thermomix branded bread tin with a lid. We like it because it has the lid, so when you bake the bread, it makes it the perfect loaf to slice. (if you do buy this, please, we ask that you could put us as the consultant – Susan Onslow) or click this link and just remove the TM6 – or don’t 🙂
Don’t rush when making bread and allow the bread to rise and prove before baking. Allowing the bread to prove will give you the most perfect fluffy loaf, even longer if necessary. DON’T overwork the dough. Don’t handle it too much either.
If it is cold where you are (like us) I always proof my bread one of two ways.
Boil water and put it in a thermoserver and pop the bread on top and cover or Proof in the Varoma – see image below.
Check the dough before cooking (don’t waste your time and effort and it’s not ready) by following instructions below – see image below.
ITALIAN SEMOLINA BREAD – WINNER
CHEESE AND BACON ROLLS – WINNER
WONDERFUL WHITE BREAD – WINNER
TANGZHONG MILK BREAD – FAIL 1
TANGZHONG MILK BREAD – FAIL 2
TANGZHONG MILK BREAD – FAIL 3 – this looked wonderful out of the oven but SUNK within a couple of hours
Do you want to see a Thermomix® in action ?
As consultants there are a few ways we can showcase the benefits of a Thermomix®
- Customer Experience - Cooking Demonstration in your home with a few friends (gets you a nice gift)
- Customer Experience - Cooking Demonstration in our home with a few friends (gets you a nice gift)
- Zoom - virtual
- Social Media
- This website 😁
Send us a message and we can help you out.